Summer is here, and whether or not you commute to work every day or are planning a nice little road trip to get away for a little while, having working air conditioning can mean the difference between comfort and an unbearable ride. Before you find yourself having to deal with driving in the intense heat without relief, you can always ensure that your car's A/C is working at its best. So, when does your A/C need to be serviced?
The air conditioning system in your vehicle is complex and has many different working parts including the compressor, blower motor, fan, condenser, evaporator, and more. Some of these parts tend to fail more than the others, and often times we find vehicles just need a recharge of refrigerant. That is why we invite you to have your A/C serviced here at Pickering's Auto Service as soon as you notice any of the following issues with your vehicle's A/C:
- Air doesn't blow out of vents when turned on (this could affect heat, too)
- Air doesn't match temperature setting, i.e. feels lukewarm when A/C is blasted
- Full blast A/C doesn't feel as cold as it used to
- Only warm air comes out of vents
- No air comes out of vents
- Mold or mildew smell when A/C is on
- Strange noises when A/C is on such as rattling sounds
All of the symptoms listed above are indications that there may be an issue with your vehicle's air conditioning system. The system may just need to be serviced, or it may require a repair. Either way, we suggest getting the issue taken care of as soon as possible to make sure you are comfortable on the road but also to prevent the issue from getting worse or affecting other systems.
If you need car A/C repair, don't hesitate to stop by Pickering's Auto Service or give us a call today!